Yesterday was my birthday and I received the best gift ever!! My hubby got me a Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender, and I cannot wait to begin sharing some amazing smoothies, sauces, and sides with you all.
One thing that I love to make over the summer is Agua Fresca, also known as fruit water. It is simply pureed fruit, berries, herbs and spices mixed with tap or bubbly water. It is sweet, refreshing and really healthy. Since I didn’t have my Vitamix prior to making this recipe, I decided to simply try it with chopped fruit and herbs.
To me, summer time is all about fresh foods like strawberries and basil. This is a really simple recipe that you can make with any fruit combination that you like. Fruit waters quench your thirst like nothing else and are a healthy alternative to soda, juice and even the fruit waters they sell for kids. This is all natural, delicious and looks really pretty.
- Fresh organic strawberries, chopped or sliced
- Fresh basil, chopped or smallest leaves
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2-3 Tablespoons of honey or natural sweetener (optional)
- Spring water or sparkling water
- Chop or slice strawberries and julienne basil
- Place the ingredients a pretty glass serving pitcher (the sugar is optional and I do not add it to mine)
- Fill with water of your choice and allow it to chill for 1-2 hours. Serve over ice with a strawberry garnish.
Thanks for stopping by~