A couple of weeks ago Amy let me borrow a cookbook calledAgainst all Grain by Danielle Walker<. I have been cooking, baking and eating my way through this book. All the recipes are gluten free, well-tested and delicious. I had to order another copy to give back to Amy as her copy is a bit too “loved” to return.
I have made the Spiced Pumpkin Muffins twice and LOVE them. They are perfect for fall, a quick breakfast for your kids and simply healthy. Some of the ingredients in her book are quite different but don’t let words like coconut aminos, ghee and probiotics scare you away, or you will surely miss out on great flavor and better health. She has spent years finding healthy replacements for things that we are used to consuming, but are not good for us. She does a terrific job of explaining her pantry essentials as well. I do suggest that you order some of your gluten free pantry staples online and in bulk to save money (Amazon and Vitacost are two good resources). I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins from Against all Grain:
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 chopped nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit or pumpkin seeds
** Short Cut: I simple add in 3/4 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice and omit the1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg, Ginger and Cloves)**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, spices and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the wet ingredients in a bowl and mix on high (standing mixer or hand held).
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until smooth.
- Gently fold in the optional add-ins.
- Spoon or scoop the batter into prepared muffin tins filling each cup 2/3 full (I use an ice cream scoop to ensure all muffins are the same size)
- Bake for 25 minutes
Thanks for stopping by~