My mother was an amazing cook and this recipe comes from her. I love this recipe because the meatballs are baked and and not fried, which allows for easy clean up.
- 2lbs Ground Turkey (Or any meat your heart desires)
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs (I replace this with either ground nuts or my Paleo “corn” muffins)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock for the bottom of the baking pan (I typically use chicken stock for the turkey meatballs)
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients (except the stock) together in a large bowl until well combined. I use my hands but any method is acceptable.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup, scoop and form evenly sized meatballs
- Place them on a sheet pan or baking sheet.
- Pour stock in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs have browned on top.
These freeze beautifully! I keep a batch in the freezer at all times 🙂
Thanks for stopping by~