Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
I made these wonderful stuffed portabella mushrooms caps the other evening for dinner and I just had to share the recipe. I found an image for stuffed portabella mushrooms on Pinterest and fell instantly in love, so I of course pinned it. When I went back to review the recipe, it didn’t link up to anything so these delicious fungi caps are from scratch! Not to toot my own horn but turned out pretty darn tasty. Honestly, how could I go wrong with spinach, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese- anything with those three ingredients usually turns out wonderfully.
I hope you enjoy these tasty stuffed portabellas as much as we did.
- 4-6 large Portabella mushroom caps
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes (diced)
- 1 bag fresh spinach chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 container feta cheese
- fresh Italian parsley
- fresh thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup white or brown rice (couscous, orzo or quinoa could also work)
- Panko bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 can black olives or kalamata (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp olive oil/coconut oil or bacon grease
- Saute onion and garlic until translucent
- Add in spinach, cook down
- Add in sun dried tomatoes, olives and S&P
- Remove from heat and toss in cooked rice or starch of your choice. This is optional, so you don’t have to add this in if you are following a low carbohydrate meal plan.
- Beat the egg and set aside.
- Once the rice mixture is room temp, mix in cheeses and the egg. Mix everything together and fill each mushroom cap- form a dome shape so there is a lot of filling. The egg should ensure that mixture stays together.
- Sprinkle with panko crumbs for a crispy topping.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by~Pin It