Summer is all about cookouts, fireworks and fun. This simple slaw is perfect for any summer occasion and will please a crowd. Crunchy cabbage (red and green) with a hint of green onion makes for a simple and tasty summer salad. Place a heaping spoonful over some pulled pork or toss in some grilled chicken and turn this tasty summer side dish into a meal. This is truly the “must-make” dish for any summer occasion.
- Red cabbage, shredded
- Green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup good mayonnaise (homemade is best, Hellmann’s also works)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup natural sugar (for example, honey or coconut sugar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the red and green cabbage and place in a large bowl. Chop the scallions and place in the same large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayo, vinegar and sugar together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over cabbage and refrigerate. Serve cold and enjoy!
Try this salad over some shredded BBQ pork or BBQ chicken salad. I promise to share that recipe really soon!!
Thanks for stopping by~