- 4 chicken breasts (thin)
- 1 cup white rice
Green Onion and Cilantro Sauce
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 4-5 Scallions
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place your rice in your steamer and cook. (If you do not have a steamer, cook your rice in a pot on your stove)
- Light your grill and set the temperature to medium/low heat.
- Mix together the chili powder, salt, paprika, honey, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin and olive oil. This should be thick like a paste. Thoroughly coat each breast with the fajita paste and set aside.
- Juice the lime into a small bowl and remove any seeds.
- Roughly chop the scallions and cilantro. Place the herbs and lime juice in a food processor, bullet or blender and mix. Slowly drizzle in some olive oil and mix until all ingredients are well combined. It should have the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Grill your chicken for 5-7 minutes on side one and flip. Cook for an additional 5 minutes on side two. Tip: Your chicken is done when it easily lifts off the grill. If it is stuck, allow your chicken to cook another minute or two.
- Toss white rice with green onion and cilantro sauce OR drizzle over rice on each individual plate as show above.
Thanks for stopping by~
That looks so good; can’t wait to try it!
H Kelsey- Let me know if you have tried it and if you liked it. We love feedback on our recipes. thanks for stopping by, Terry
Just made this for dinner last night and it was WONDERFUL! I can’t wait to make it again. Thank you so much for sharing!
I am so happy you liked it Lisa. Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by!