These super sweet treats are great for teacher gifts, a friendly neighborhood treats or simply to keep around the house this Valentines Day. You can follow my basic sugar cookie recipe below or use your own. You will also need two heart shaped cookie cutters; one large and one small. The “stained glass” is simply Jolly Rancher candies.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Use the large heart cookie cutter first. Then use the small heart cookie cutter to cut out the center heart. Place both the large hollowed heart and the small solid heart one inch apart on a lined sheet pan.
- Unwrap Jolly Rancher candy and place in the center of the large hollowed out heart.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Candy will melt, cookies will be very lightly browned.
- Cool completely & enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by~