Here is the recipe for the delicious cannoli cupcakes from our Italian-Inspired Farewell Party. They were a huge hit!
- 1 boxed marble cake mix (yes, I cheated)
- 1 (15oz.) container of whole milk ricotta cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 package of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ to 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder and cinnamon for garnish
- Follow directions on the back of the cake box for 24 cupcakes and bake according to package directions.
- For the frosting, mix together the room temperature ricotta, room temperature cream cheese, 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar and almond extract by hand (do not use a mixer).
- Mix until combined. You may need to add in the additional 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to get the consistency you want. Ricotta cheese has a lot of moisture so add in more if need be.
- Mix in your chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate your frosting in a large plastic storage bag as you wait for the cupcakes to cook and then cool.
- Cut the tip of the storage bag and pipe evenly onto each cupcake.
- Garnish by sifting cocoa powder and cinnamon over top each cupcake. I added small Italian flags, too.
These are a delicious ending to any Italian meal–consider them for your next supper club or big family dinner.
Thanks for stopping by~Pin It