Our baby just went down for a nap- isn’t he sweet?
I’m hoping I have enough time to share this yummy Almond Joy impersonator refrigerator cookie bar recipe with you all. Coconut is all the rage right now and for good reason, it not only tastes great but studies are showing that it boosts immune systems, fights off fungus & yeast, and it lowers cholesterol. It also balances out your thyroid and can help regular blood sugar. I’m really focused on blood sugar right now and have been trying out lots of coconut recipes. My kids also seem to be on board with my current coconut obsession. Coconut definitely has a texture that you either love or hate so it is important to grind as fine as you possibly can. This bar cookie is really tasty and if you add the chocolate topping you can really lower the amount of maple syrup.
Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (I think 1/4 cup would also be plenty sweet if using the chocolate topping)
- 4 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ bag semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- Heat chocolate chips in a double boiler- until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor until well blended and all pieces are small.
- Pour into a small casserole dish (I used an 8×8 inch) and press down into an even layer.
- Pour melted chocolate on top, spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour before cutting. Bars can be stored in the fridge or freezer for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for stopping by~Pin It