One trend that I have been following closely is the use of spaces in homes for a different purpose then they were traditionally intended. Sometimes it comes out of necessity, such as the arrival of another child, a work from home job that creates the need for an office space, or the must-have playroom when the flood of bright, large plastic toys appears in your home by the time your first child is roughly six months old.
- A bedroom for me and my husband and a separate bedroom for each of our three children
- A guest room with a private bath
- A home office for him
- A home office for me
- A craft/art room (for my children, and me)
- A playroom for my daughter
- A big kids playroom for my boys who “need” space to play video games (or occasionally read a book)
- A garage/ workroom for those dirty, sawdust and paint-strewn DIY projects
- A library reading area with shelves for the books we have amassed
- A mudroom for coats, bags, backpacks
- A large laundry/ironing/gift wrapping room (and it should be upstairs where laundry is, please)
- A quiet room for homework with a computer
- A TV room (one not intruded on by the above mentioned video games) where my husband can watch in peace
- A large eat-in kitchen of course with a separate a butler’s pantry– while we are in fantasy land!
Thanks for stopping by!