As you all know the Spring Menu/Meal Plan is almost ready to be revealed and I have been testing the recipes and enjoying every bite. This particular recipe may be a family staple as it is light, crispy and wonderful for spring and summer. The remoulade sauce is a favorite and goes with just about any seafood but I also love it on burgers and sandwiches (with or with out the bread). This meal has lots of vinegar and the fresh herbs which makes it vibrant, fresh and perfect for spring…ENJOY!!
Lemon Fish Cakes: (Adapted from Everyday Food Light)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tilapia fillets
- salt & pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Helmans mayo
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup dill
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray or use 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil to coat. Place tilapia fillets on pan, season with salt and pepper and bake for approx. 8 – 10 minutes. Let fish cool, then flake with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, mayo, parsley, dill, lemon juice/zest and horseradish. Fold in the fish and add in 1/2 cup bread crumbs. (Paleo/no carb folks can substitute nuts or even coconut would be tasty). Mix with everything together with your hands and form 1/4 cup sized patties
- Dredge each patty in the remaining panko crumbs, pressing down to adhere.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high with the remaining olive oil. Place the fish cakes in the hot skillet and cook on each side until golden brown (4-6 minutes per side). Serve with remoulade and slaw.
Remoulade Sauce (Adapted from Ina Garten)
- 1/2 cup Helmans mayo
- 5-6 small dill pickles or cornichons
- 1 tsp mustard (ground or Dijon)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Few sprigs of fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in the food process and pulse several times until all is incorporated. Do not over mix- you want this to be the consistency of slightly thinned mayonnaise.
Romaine and Carrot Shredded Slaw
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded finely
- 4 carrots, shredded in cheese grater
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place shredded lettuce, carrots and finely chopped herbs into a large bowl.
- In a mason jar, mix together the orange juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil. Shake vigorously until incorporated and slightly emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over slaw and toss.
Linking up to~ Six Sisters Stuff