Quick and Easy Tilapia Taco Salad
I hope everyone enjoyed the tilapia with green bean, mushrooms and tomato in a sherry cream sauce last night. I know I did. I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I ate all the green beans last night leaving behind two naked tilapia filets and nothing planned for dinner. This is the perfect opportunity to re-invent my left overs and make an entirely new meal from the leftover tilapia.
As you can see from the current meal February Menu Calendar, we eat lots of leftovers for lunches and nothing goes to waste in my house. I really try to ensure that we eat everything and if that isn’t possible I usually share it with a neighbor or friend who hates cooking or works long hours.
Re-inventing your leftovers is a great way to save money and it is a huge time saver on those nights where you have a million activities planned or you just do not feel like cooking. This meal will only take you a few minutes to prepare as the fish is already cooked and can be eaten hot or cold. This is my version of how you can re-invent your leftovers into an entirely different meal. Enjoy!
- 2 tilapia filets (reheated or cold)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ green onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime (zested and juiced)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 container whole milk sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop or simply crumble up the tilapia filets into a bowl, set aside
- Dice or slice tomato, avocado and green onion into individual bowls and, set aside
- Cut off base of lettuce, wash the leaves and set aside If you prefer a salad, I would chop the lettuce up into bite-size pieces. Also, feel free to get creative with your toppings. These are just my favorites.
Cilantro Sour Cream: (can be combined in a food processor)
- Mince 1 clove of garlic
- Finely chop ½ cup of cilantro leaves
- Zest and Juice lime
- Place all ingredients in a bowl with the sour cream
- Add cumin, salt & pepper to taste
- Place two lettuce leaves on plate; add some fish, diced tomato and 1-2 slice(s) of avocado.
- Spoon the cilantro sour cream over the taco
- Garnish with green onion and additional cilantro leaves.
Linking up to:
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence