- 4 Tilapia filets
- 1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 container of mushrooms sliced
- 10-12 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees F). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the bottom of the baking dish and dot with butter. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until you see the edges of the fish begin to slightly brown and crisp.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and simmer green beans in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain green beans.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to moderate heat.
- Add oil and butter to the pan. Add onions and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and saute 3 to 5 minutes, add beans back to the pan heat through.
- Heat green beans through and add sherry then add the cream. Cook for 2-4 minutes. Transfer green beans, mushrooms and tomato cream to a serving plate.
- Remove tilapia from oven and place over top the green bean cream sauce.
New to our blog or to this series, Click on the button below to check out our Month of Meals and Shopping Lists.